Thursday, January 7, 2010

AI_NEWS~ An exclusive interview with American Idol's Michael Sarver



 
An exclusive interview with American Idol's Michael Sarver
 
Michael Sarver

American Idol's Top 10 finalist of the 2009 season Michael Sarver has
signed a record deal with Dream Records/Universal Music Group. The
label announced that plans are to release Sarver's debut country music
CD in the spring of 2010. Examiner.Com spoke with Michael Sarver just
before the holidays. Here is what he had to say.

Congratulations on all your success from American Idol to signing your
record deal. Did you get any time off since the tour?

Sarver: I have had some days off to spend at home with my family.
However, because of the record deal, I went from touring to working
on the album. You can imagine how fast of a progress it was to release
two singles out by December 8. We were on the ball. So it has
definitely not been much of a break but on the 21st, I will be flying
home and taking about 20 days off to be with my family. During that
time I will be doing a lot of writing, but I think it is important to
pay some attention to my family. I have been 110 % doing this since
the record deal, and my kids have definitely been affected by it, so I
will spend some special time with them.

How was the process of getting your record deal with Dream Records
going in the field of country?


Sarver: They came out to see me at a show during the American Idol
tour and it went from there to meeting with them and then signing with
them.

You have two songs on I-Tunes now "You Are" and " Cinderella Girl".
Did you write them your self or did you collaborate on them?


Sarver: No collaborations, These are mine songs. I already had several
songs I had written and they let me use two of them to start with.

You are currently about to wrap up the Christmas Tour with past
American Idol finalists. How is that going and how is it different
from the American Idol summer tour?


Sarver: It is going great. We wrap up December 20th. There is no order
on how the performers come out. We all come out and sing several
songs. Some together, some apart and go from there. I am happy that
Alexis Grace is out with us as she did not get to go on the American
Idol tour with us this past summer. It has been great working with her
again and the other Idol finalists from past seasons.

You received a lot of recognition on the Idol tour and gaining many new
fans by always coming out and meeting the fans while on the summer
tour. People were really impressed by that.


Sarver: Thank You. I really like meeting the fans as without them,
none of us would have made it far on the show. It was their votes who
put us there so I wanted to thank them. We are doing the same thing on
this tour as well. After the show we go out by the merchandise table
and meet the fans. They have a chance to meet us one on one , takes
photos and receive autographs. It has been going great and so far we
have been able to say hello to everyone The bus has not left before
meeting everyone. We are doing pretty good.

What is your favorite holiday song?
Sarver: My top three favorites are "Ole Holy Night"," I Will Be Home
for Christmas", and "Mary Did You Know".

Are you recording your new cd right now?
Sarver: Yes, I am recording now. I am just taking my time to get the writing
done first and not to rush on the project. It will be out in the
spring.

What is the best music advice you have ever received?

Sarver: I get told a million time just to make sure that you embrace
your melody and not to leave it behind when you are signing. I try
very hard to adapt to that. It is exciting when you learn a new riff
but a lot of singers leave the melody behind and I have been told so
many time not to do that.

If you could remake one song what would it be and why?
Sarver: I think I did it already. Michael Jackson's "You Are Not
Alone" is probably one of the biggest honors of my life to record that
and to have it be released on the show. It was on the American Idol
album so I have fulfilled that one.

Is there is one question that you wish some one would ask you during
an interview?


Sarver: No, you guys have it covered and are pretty good at your jobs.
If there is any question that I like to answer would be What helped
you get to this point in your life? The answer is always an amazing
family and god and the things that I believe in. But that question
has been asked and no one misses that one.


Is there anything that fans (old or new ) might be surprised to know about you?
Sarver: They may already know, I hate vegetables. I don't do
vegetables. I was in a situation once when we were eating and some one
bought up the fact that I was pushing aside the veggies.


Is there anything you want to say to the fans and readers?
Sarver: Thank you so much to every one. To the fans. I would not have
this if it was not for these guys
Even the media. People who have said so many nice things and even the
ones who have not said nice things, I still love you because
everything helps in bettering my career. My fans I love you and you
are the best in the world.

Thank You for taking the time to doing the interview and wish you all
the success.


Sarver: Thank You very much for having me. Have a great holiday.

For More Information: Michael Sarver



__._,_.___


THIS IS JUST A NEWS SITE FOR AI...
FOR DISCUSSIONS YOU NEED TO JOIN THE LINK HERE:)~
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/AMERICAN_IDOL_CHAT/








Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment