Wednesday, June 10, 2009

AI_NEWS~ David Archuleta: 'American Idol' keeps me from graduating high school



 
 
david-archuleta-0606.jpg
 

David Archuleta apparently won't be graduating from high school this month because he was on "American Idol."

His hometown paper, the Deseret News, has a pretty interesting interview with him where he talks about how it's tough for him to write songs, how much he likes just hanging out with his family ("I enjoy taking my sisters to eat"), and why he's not graduating:

This week, Archuleta's Murray High classmates will graduate. He won't be one of the class of 2009.

"When I joined 'American Idol,' I had to stop school," he said. "Those who were the younger contestants worked with a studio teacher, but I couldn't keep up."

Archuleta said he is working on — and hoping to — earn his high-school diploma. "I want to, but it's hard."

If you're an Archuleta fan, the interview is a must-read; it really shows what a normal, down-to-earth guy he is.

Also, I didn't even realize David's Mormon; he talks about the importance of his faith:

When asked about his own plans for serving an LDS mission, Archuleta, who doesn't turn 19 until December, said he feels as if he's already on one.

"There is so much that I want to give back to the One who has blessed me with this gift," he said about his singing abilities. "I feel that there must be a reason why I'm here, doing what I'm doing. And I want to make sure that I do what is expected of me before it all ends.

"I don't know when this all will end, and I want to make sure I do all that I'm supposed to before that happens. I have this opportunity and want to make the best of it."

What's your favorite story or piece of trivia about David Archuleta? Do you think he's going to be a major music star, or is he too normal to make it big? Tell us in the comments, below.

- Click here to see photos of David Archuleta and David Cook touring and goofing off together

1) -Click here for photos of all of Adam Lambert's "American Idol" outfits this season

-Click here for photos of all of Kris Allen's "American Idol" outfits this season

2) Photos of Adam, Kris and Danny with their hometown fans | "American Idol" trading cards

3) Inside the after-party for the 13 "American Idol" finalists

4) Check out the other entries, conversations and latest news on our "American Idol" blog

Getty Images photo

 
 


__._,_.___


THIS IS JUST A NEWS SITE FOR AI...
FOR DISCUSSIONS YOU NEED TO JOIN THE LINK HERE:)~
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/AMERICAN_IDOL_CHAT/








Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment